Time to unleash your creativity: the MFR16’s Call for Makers is now open.
Maker Faire Rome is an event designed to turn the spotlight on hundreds of projects from around the world that are able to catapult visitors into the future.
The Call for Makers is now open. There was never a better time for you to take your projects out of the closet and let the world know how innovative, creative and crazy you are!
Brand new to Maker Faire Rome 2016 is the “R.O.M.E. Prize”: a 100.000 euro prize for the Best European Maker Project with the Highest Social Impact.
Please read carefully before submitting your proposal. Call for Makers expires on June 15, 2016, 10.00 pm (CET)
What we searching for
- Projects worth exhibiting: selected applicants will be given a pre-set free booth (table + chairs) inside the exhibiting halls, strategically located so to be visited by the large audience that attend Maker Faire Rome right for the sake of discovering interesting projects
- Amazingly entertaining presentations: selected applicants will be given a free room (or a stage) to give project presentation/speech, tell a story, engage the audience in the issue they are keen to discuss
- Super cool workshops: selected applicants will be assigned a workshop area where they could hold interactive sessions and engage participants – adults and / or children – in “hands on” activities
- Performances: selected applicants will be given a free space (or a stage) for them to perform in creative, technological, robotic, musical, pyrotechnic performance
We particularly encourage proposals that are interactive, entertaining, innovative, creative and that highlight the process of making things so to share the makers vision and inspire the audience.
How to Apply
1.Please read the regulation carefully the before submitting your proposal.
N.B. if you had submitted a proposal in any previous editions, please be informed that the 2016 Regulation has slightly changed so make sure to read regulation (link) before proceeding
2. Submit your proposal by June 15, 2016, 10.00 pm (CET) here
3. Spread the word! #MFR16
High Schools I Education Organizations I Universities I Research Institutes
High Schools can participate through the dedicated Call for Schools.
Public University and Public Research Institute can apply through the dedicated Call for Universities and Research Institutes
What is Maker Faire Rome
Maker Faire showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
Exhibit at Maker Faire means high visibility and lots of fun, business contacts and networking opportunities with fellow makers from all over the world.